San Diego, CA
BI Architect, strategy, data governance, innovation, machine learning, predictive analysis, data virtualization, data visualization, cloud
Our innovative, High-Tech client in north county San Diego is seeking candidates for an Information Management Architect role. This is a full-time, direct-hire role with competitive salary and benefits package.
The selected Architect will be part of the IT Information and Collaboration team and be responsible for information management strategy and roadmap, new capability/technology assessment and implementation, and day to day operations of specific solutions within the information management landscape. This is a hands-on role with additional strategic responsibilities to define information management and “Big Data” direction for the organization.
Architect will be responsible for reviewing the existing roadmap and planning out the next strategic roadmap. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience with technologies – including open source products – across machine learning, predictive analysis and data visualization, and help the team select the best tools for their environment. Architect will also be educating and energizing stakeholders on the value of the new technologies and encouraging their adoption.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Creates and maintains information architecture and information management strategy that establishes a roadmap for future investment in business intelligence capabilities
* Collaborates with business clients, IT service owners, and business analysts to understand the implications of business information needs and drive updates to the information architecture and business analytics to maximize the value of information across the organization
* Identifies, selects, implements, and supports business and IT capabilities for managing and integrating structured and unstructured information across the enterprise
* Maintains a holistic view of information assets by creating and maintaining blueprints that illustrate how information is stored, processed, and accessed
* Act as an information liaison between various business units and IT departments
* Lead or contribute to projects and provide guidance/training to IT and other staff
* Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
* 5+ years of experience in information architecture and management or minimum 5-7 years of experience as data analyst, business intelligence analyst, or equivalent roles
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage with diverse organizational levels (business and IT)
* Excellent customer management skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building and ability to drive proposal and influence direction
* Deep knowledge of enterprise Information Technology concepts and processes (i.e. ITIL, COBIT, etc.).
* Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills to effectively participate in project meetings, discussions and issue resolution.
* Must be highly skilled user of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio).
* Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality of information and demonstrate ethical behavior.
* Expertise with diverse approaches, models, procedures, and solutions used to deliver the duties and responsibilities mentioned above, including:
* Demonstrated expertise with developing and driving realization of information architecture development, information policy formation, information taxonomy and modeling
* Demonstrated competence in business domain analysis, data warehousing (design and operations), and database design
* Demonstrated competence with benefits, design and management of structured and unstructured content and databases / repositories (SQL, NoSQL, HDFS/Hadoop distributions, etc.) and hands-on experience with specific products
* Demonstrated competence with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle DBMS, SAP Business Objects, and related tools is valued
* Working knowledge and understanding of benefits and positioning of data virtualization
* Working knowledge of data science, data mining, OLAP programming, database management and programming, business process modeling and analysis
* Working knowledge of mobile-enabled business analytics architecture and solutions
* Working knowledge of statistical computing and graphics programming languages (e.g. R, S-Plus, Python, etc.)
* Working knowledge of open source or commercial data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, etc.)
* Working knowledge of cloud-based offerings and vendor differentiation related to analytics and information processing capabilities
* Demonstrated experience and interest in leading or managing small regional teams
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.