San Diego, CA
6 month Contract to Hire
If you’re a Senior Software Engineer who likes to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, for a company that is making a huge impact in personalized healthcare, this is the job for you.
** This is a contract-to-hire position. Candidates should be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. **
**** Direct candidates only. No 3rd party applicants, please. ****
The focus of this role is to design, development, and implement mission critical Manufacturing Applications. As a full-stack developer you will also responsible for maintaining, supporting and upgrading these applications. You will apply your effective communication, problem solving and knowledge of best practices to implement solutions for these mission-critical information software systems. The overarching goal is to scale the manufacturing applications to catch up and stay ahead of rapid organizational growth.
• Design and develop software solutions that meet business requirements are scalable and sustainable
• Lead functional specification review and provide estimates of development efforts
• Manage service requests and customer expectations in alignment with defined service level agreements
• Collaborate with other developers to support definition of development strategy, standards, guidelines and best practices to overcome technical challenges and streamline the development process.
• Collaborate with other functions in Global IS such as Database and Application Integration teams to ensure service availability and prompt issue resolution for key development efforts
• On call for critical deployments and escalation point for high-priority system incidents
• Hands-on full stack technical expertise from database design and software lifecycle management to UI design and services
• 5+ years of experience in software development using Java / J2EE, or a combination of Java & .Net
• Demonstrated proficiency designing and developing mission critical enterprise-scale software in Java
• Experience with relational databases such as MSSQL, Oracle and MySql as well as effectively managing large volumes of data.
• Experience developing effective unit tests
• Able to perform in a highly collaborative, team-oriented work setting
• Prior experience with agile development methodology
• Solid understanding of object oriented programming
• Experience in integrating application using web services standard (REST, SOAP)
• Hands on XML and XSLT experience
• Software source control (GitHub, TFS) and n- architecture
• Vaadin framework experience a plus
• Background in Manufacturing, Shop Floor Management, Quality and Equipment integration an advantage
• Experience working in PLC programming is a plus
• Experience working in a regulated environment is a plus
• Knowledge of MES, SECS/GEM and LIMS systems a plus
• B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or significant experience.
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.