Ruby, ROR, server-side, development lead, application development, OOAP, leadership, management, mentoring, AWS / Cloud, TDD, CI/CD
We are seeking a Software Development Lead for our client, a global leader in their space for medical devices and healthcare IT solutions. This position will work onsite from their Vista, CA office.
This is a contract-to-hire position. Direct candidates only, please. ** Sorry, no 3rd party applicants. **
Development Lead will be the conduit between the product managers and the software developers. Candidate must have the right combination of technical background, business acumen and communication skills to interface with all stakeholders. The Development Lead will also be responsible for agile project management, devops and release management.
– Understand business needs and requirements; translate them to technical architecture to be implemented by the development team
– Oversee the success of complex projects and their ongoing support, measured by how they impact customers and business goals.
– Stay abreast of emerging technologies and participate in mapping the product strategy / roadmap / requirements.
– Plan and track daily/weekly scrum activities. Run daily stand ups, weekly reviews with the team to assess the progress towards a targeted sprint completion and provide updates to leadership
– Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
* Strong leadership and communication skills, excellent analytical and problem solving skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, conflict management, and self-motivation
Qualifications & Skills:
– BS/BA degree with emphasis on computer science.
– Minimum 8+ years application development experience, including enterprise-level software engineering in a cross-functional team environment (multiple developers; product manager(s); QA; Support; Operations)
– Minimum 2+ years management experience in an enterprise environment.
– Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP), and the concepts of MVC, ORM and RESTful services.
– Some experience with Ruby on Rails – including an understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances, along with other common utilities such as RSpec and Resque
– Proficient understanding of Devops, including code versioning tools, code repositories (GitHub), integrating with CI/CD frameworks, cloud services (AWS), etc.
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.