Remote / United States
Are you ready for a new challenge in an exciting IT environment? We’re seeking an Azure Architect for a direct hire position with our client, an innovative solutions provider. Will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S. and remote work. Sorry, no work visa sponsorship available.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge in Azure Cloud architecture and design.
• You will apply your advanced technical knowledge to architect, build, configure, deploy and support public cloud computing infrastructure, supporting all server operating systems, networking, directory services, backup solutions, cloud-native PAAS and other enterprise system-level applications.
• You will also recommend ongoing improvement of processes and applying best practices to meet business, security, cost, and agility requirements. Support is generally for large-scale systems with high criticality to the business.
S/he will be proficient with virtualization, public cloud products, services, applications:
• PaaS services (AppSevices, APIM, AFD)
• Security, automation, monitoring, policy, development enablement for an IAC environment
• Strong knowledge of network theory, rules, practices, and principles.
• 5 years’ specialized experience in designing, building, and automating solutions utilizing AWS and Azure cloud technologies and services including health monitoring, data security, capacity metering, cloud pricing, cloud expense management, high availability/resiliency.
• In-depth, practical experience with Public Cloud methodologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), automation, orchestration, trends, and industry-leading cloud vendor offerings
• Familiar with the interworking of Web applications and relational databases
• Experience with setup of disaster recovery and High availability solutions using cloud-native technologies and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to create automated processes using well-known languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, CLI, Python, YML, JSON, Chef, Jenkins pipeline.
• Experience in a fast-paced, Agile/DevOps environment.
• Experience utilizing CI/CD pipeline automation in tools like Jenkins/CloudBees/AzDevOps is a plus.
• Expertise in Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS, CoreOS) is strongly preferred.
• Experience with Server-less Public Cloud entities like AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Azure WebApps, Containers
• SSL Certificate Management and Maintenance
Education & Certifications
• IT related degree, Associates or Bachelor program, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Prefer MS in Computer Science or Information Technology
• Prefer Public cloud certifications (AWS SysOPs, SA, DevOps, MCSE-Cloud, MCSD-Azure)
• Prefer Microsoft, VMWare, Linux, Citrix and/or Cisco Certifications
• Leadership and mentoriting skills.
Effective communication skills to build relationships, interface with cross functional team members, as well as external vendors, and to coach team members on cloud technologies
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Design, deploy and maintain a cloud computing environment sufficient to support current and future organizational needs, and establish technical mastery of systems and functions and maintain awareness of new developments as a primary subject matter expert (SME) in this domain.
• Lead technical projects for technologies assigned as a primary SME. Conduct capacity planning according to industry-accepted best practices making sure that leadership has information as needed to formulate budgets. Gather and/or develop requirements for changing business needs and translate them into technical solutions when appropriate.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers and development teams
• Develop and automate processes to expedite and streamline IT and business processes
• Establish, monitor, and enforce procedures required for efficient management of the infrastructure.
• Collaborate with business, IT associates, and outside vendors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems required to fulfill business objectives and processes.
• Participate in a geographically dispersed 24 x 7 support organization.
• Work cooperatively with department heads and other IT department members to address requests, resolve complaints and issues on a service-oriented, timely basis
• Monitor and evaluate operating efficiency, server performance, bandwidth usage, and error logs to identify and correct problems as they arise. Advanced troubleshooting of production issues as needed, including producing root cause analysis reports when required.
• Respond to issues and problems with solid engineering solutions that align with organizational initiatives and strategies.
• Analyze information systems problems to identify and correct problem areas while maintaining records, inventories, and technical documentation.
• Correlate analysis from system telemetry to identify issues before they become problems.
• Review, evaluate and recommend new or upgraded systems software packages and related hardware, based on established and emerging standards
• Design and implement system backup procedures, real-time replication, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Design and run maintenance and utility programs on the server to ensure optimum performance.
• Create custom scripts for deployment, monitoring, and reporting as needed.
• Create and maintain system technical documentation.
• Maintain records to ensure that software licensing follows vendor EULAs.
• Experience in a regulatory environment including SOX and HIPAA and knowledge of applicable data privacy laws, as well as network security and compliance requirements.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.