Mission Viejo, CA
6-12 month contract
Python, DynamoDB, AWS OpenSearch, Amazon Aurora, Data Lake, SQL
We’re seeking a Data Engineer for a long-term 6-12 month W2 contract position. This role is with our premier client with offices in Orange County, CA. The work is currently 100% remote supporting the Pacific Time Zone.
As part of the engineering team, you will be working on cutting-edge technologies. The role will involve backend data engineering as part of a legacy code the is moving to .Net on AWS. As a data engineer, you will be working on Python, SQL, AWS Aurora, REST, SOAP, AWS services (Open Search, DynamoDB, Lambda, Event Bridge, Athena)
* Utilize Python for building applications that do data processing.
* Develop enterprise APIs using Python and AWS services
* Develop ETL process to integrate data between system
* Develop CI/CD pipeline using CDK/CloudFormation and AWS Services (Code Build, Code Pipeline)
* Develop data models in different backend system (Open Search, DynamoDB, Aurora)
* Participate in their planning and design processes
* Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field
* 5+ years’ experience as a Data Engineer on building backend and APIs
* 5+ years’ experience in multi-tier enterprise architecture environments
* Experience in developing enterprise APIs using (REST)
* Experience in development event driven architectures using AWS services (SQS, SNS, EventBridge)
* Experience in development ETL process for AWS data lake
* 1-2+ years with AWS
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. – must be able to communicate effectively with other project team members and SMEs.
* Be curious, a creative thinker, detail-oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly.
* Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
* Have a proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-RJ1 #LI-Remote