Data ScientistApply now
San Diego, CA
Data Science, model development, Python, coding/debugging
We’re seeking a Data Scientist to work for our San Diego headquartered global biotech client. This is a 6-month W2 contract position
* Start Date: February 2023
* Duration: 6 month W2
* Location: San Diego, CA
* Hybrid from San Diego, CA or US BASED remote
* Work hours: 8am – 5pm supporting the pacific time zone
* Direct W2 contract only, no third parties
• Primary focus on building machine learning models from development through testing and validation.
• Collaborate with other technology and data ingestion teams to study the existing models and add valuable insights to improve models
• Ability to perform thorough research and evaluate new analytical models as well as deep dive into existing models
• Quantitatively determining value and deriving insights, then assuring the insights are leveraged to create positive impact to decision science models and early warning signals.
• Bachelors, Masters or MBA Degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or Engineering, with focus on Data Science. PhD is a plus.
• 2-3 years of experience with Data Science and model development. More than the experience in terms of years, demonstration of the skills would be the focus.
• Strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms and concepts such as feature engineering, regression analysis, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, recommendation engines, natural language processing and their implementation.
• Strong programming skills are required. Experience with Python, R
• Knowledge and Experience in API development is a plus
Compensation: Approximately $45 – $50/hr W2 – The offered rate to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include (but are not limited to) the type and length of experience within the industry, location, education, etc.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-LS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote