Kansas City, KS
SQL Server, Azure Synapse, SnapLogic, ETL, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, Business Intelligence
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
Our client is seeking a Database/Business Intelligence Developer for a Direct Hire opportunity. This role will be responsible for designing, developing, and supporting Business Intelligence and Reporting solutions along with the Microsoft SQL infrastructure that supports Business Intelligence, Reporting, and other designated applications.
Our client offers an excellent work culture that encompasses creating positive, long-term relationships and taking ownership. They offer excellent benefits that include a generous healthcare plan, 401K matching, profit sharing, 3 weeks of vacation and more. This role is able to work remotely from anywhere in the US but must be willing to work Central Time Zone hours (8am – 4:30pm).
• Design, develop, and deploy solutions that support business requirements using approved toolset and infrastructure.
• Responsible for administration of designated applications, including routine and non-routine maintenance.
• Responsible for understanding how designated applications interface and support other existing business systems.
• Proactively identify issues related to Business Intelligence and Database performance and provide corrective measures.
• Architect and maintain SQL databases, including scripts and procedures, to support reporting solutions, data warehouse, and designated applications.
• Create and manage ETL processes to automate and support integration between applications, including Business Intelligence and reporting solutions.
• Develop, maintain, and enhance Business Intelligence and reporting solutions to provide timely and accurate integration of data.
• Create visualizations, dashboards, and reports for business reporting purposes.
• Design and develop metadata models and OLAP cubes to support report development and analysis.
• Provide escalated support as needed to ensure the desired level of functionality and end-user experience.
• Perform SQL Server and Business Intelligence software upgrades, service packs, and versions, including testing and evaluation.
• 5+ years IT experience in a similar role.
• 4+ years of experience managing and developing databases, preferably SQL Server 2016.
• Azure Synapse experience a plus.
• SnapLogic experience a plus.
• Experience monitoring and troubleshooting database and BI application performance.
• 3+ years of experience developing ETL processes and solutions.
• 3+ years of developing Business Intelligence solutions.
• 3+ years of developing reports.
• Experience with SSMS, SSIS, and SSRS.
• Business Intelligence Applications (i.e. MS Power BI, Cognos)
• Associates or bachelor’s degree
• Current technical certification(s), preferred, in particular, MSSQL Database Administration and MSSQL Database Development.
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.