San Diego, CA
desktop support, windows, PC, printers, lab IT, cloud computing, linux red hat, IP addressing, AD, Wi-Fi, VPN
Seeking a Desktop Support Specialist for a 12+ month W2 contract with our award-winning San Diego-headquarted biotechnology client.
** Start date: 10/03/2023
** Duration: 12-month W2 contract, (Opportunity of extension)
** Location: ONSITE in San Diego, CA
** Compensation: The expected compensation is $24.50 – 30.50/hr. W2 plus benefits. The offered compensation to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include (but are not limited to) the type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A strong working knowledge of computer systems, hardware, and software
– Experience managing lab & manufacturing systems, tools, updating and patching validated systems as well as working with R&D.
– Effective management of lab/manufacturing ticket request (Service Now).
– Manage and deploy software, patches, security tools to Lab/Manufacturing systems leveraging SCCM.
– Able to collaborate deeply with Lab IT support team in other regions and provide support to Lab and Manufacturing environment globally.
– Able to engage with various support teams to perform in-depth investigation and able to provide own technical analysis findings in relation to SLA Incident Management.
– Assist in creation and review of engineering documents to support Lab IT Projects. This may include but not restricted to WI, Quality Plan, Datasheets, Application Notes, Technical Notes, Installation Notes, Programming Guides, User Manuals, Product Change Notifications, White Papers
– Create and maintain various forms of documentation. (Configurations, Quick Reference Guides, Knowledge base articles).
– Participation in local, regional, and global projects.
– Will need to handle other tasks assigned by Manager.
– Have some knowledge on IOQ in qualification process.
– Preferably have worked in Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical industry before
Qualification & Requirements:
– Strong Communications skills. Interpersonal, oral, written.
– 2+ years’ experience working in a customer service environment supervising desk side operations.
– 4+ years’ experience in troubleshooting issues on PCs, Printers and Operating systems.
– Experience managing / mentoring support team members.
– Experience in Desktop Support in a fast-paced, corporate, Microsoft Windows environment.
– Solid working knowledge of networking, Wi-Fi, VPNs and supporting cell phones/mobile devices.
– Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows, software applications, desktop and laptop computers, audio visual equipment and printer
– Understanding of TCP/IP/WINS/DNS/DHCP and Microsoft 2000/2003 server, Active Directory
– Strong Knowledge of: Windows 7, 10; Server, IP Addressing, AD, DHCP, DNS, File Sharing, GPO, Database, Network & Firewall Administration, Port Security
Nice to have:
– Cloud Computing
– Linux Red Hat
– Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, oral, written)
– Effective problem solving and resolution skills
– Demonstrate decision making ability and sound judgment.
– Great customer service support skills
– Excellent collaboration skills
– Excellent organizational and time management skills
– Openness to learning
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-DNI