Remote / United States
Contract-to-Hire / Direct Hire
DevOps, Heroku, AWS, Ruby, Python, Bash, Chef, Puppet, Agile
We are actively seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with an understanding of Ruby on Rails to join a progressive and rapidly growing team for a direct hire or Contract to hire role. Our client is a leader in omni-channel logistics and eCommerce fulfillment solutions. This position is up to 100% remote from anywhere in the US. Please note that no sponsorship is available for this opportunity.
This role will be part of a small team environment, with a high level of responsibility and independence. This person will initially be supporting the existing Heroku environment and will then be instrumental in playing a key role in migrating to AWS.
The successful candidate is a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will lead the way for their DevOps environment. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. To be successful, one must effectively communicate with our development and operations team to orchestrate the creation of solutions that can scale. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall system health and maintenance, performance monitoring, scalability, error reporting, creating deployment scripts, and system releases. Ideal candidate will have an inquisitive and curious nature with a positive teammate attitude that thrives in a collaborative environment where sharing is the spirit of our everyday work life. We love people that want to research, learn and share the knowledge with the rest of the team
* 2+ years of professional experience as a DevOps / System Engineer for a SaaS product.
* Competent in Ruby and Ruby testing best practices
* Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
* Extensive experience working within AWS and with it’s managed products (EC2, ECS, ECR, R53, SES, Elasticache, RDS, Redshift, etc)
* Strong experience with containers (Docker, Compose, ECS, Kubernetes) Strong experience with CI/CD tooling (Travis, Drone, Mule, Spinnaker, Jenkins)
* Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc).
* Experience deploying microservice architecture, applications, and supporting services
* Experience working on high-traffic systems
* Familiar with software security best practices
* Understanding of monitoring tools (Appsignal, CloudWatch, Datadog, Sentry, etc)
* Database administration of Postgresql, Mysql and Redis
* Experience working within large-scale decoupled, service-oriented systems a plus
* Experience with Heroku
* Experience with Kibana
* Experience working with Ruby on Rails
* Experience with Sidekiq
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-RJ1 #Li-DNI #Li-Remote