Los Angeles, CA
Direct Hire, Full-time
DevOps, Heroku, AWS, Ruby, Python, Bash, Chef, Puppet, Agile
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We are actively seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with an understanding of Ruby on Rails to join a progressive and rapidly growing team for a direct hire role. Our client is a leader in omni-channel logistics and eCommerce fulfillment solutions. This position is up to 100% remote from anywhere in the US. Please note that no sponsorship is available for this opportunity.
This role will be part of a small team environment, with a high level of responsibility and independence. This person will initially be supporting the existing Heroku environment and will then be instrumental in playing a key role in migrating to AWS.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overall system health and maintenance, performance monitoring, scalability, error reporting, creating deployment scripts, and system releases. Ideal candidate will have an inquisitive and curious nature with a positive teammate attitude that thrives in a collaborative environment where sharing is the spirit of our everyday work life. We love people that want to research, learn and share the knowledge with the rest of the team
* 5 years of overall DevOps engineering experience within Heroku an AWS environments.
* Strong understanding and knowledgeable with Ruby on Rails
* Must be able to work in an Agile environment with 2-week sprints.
* Strong Analytic skills for solving complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing the root issue
* Appreciate and adhere to coding standards and source control / management.
* Experienced in systems management tools such as Chef / Puppet
* Very strong scripting and automation skills (ruby and/or python and/or bash)
* Experience with monitoring/reporting technologies like Nagios, CloudWatch, New Relic, AppDynamics
* Experience with web application environments, and the fundamentals of running them such as TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.