San Diego, CA
6 months +
embedded systems, firmware testing, python, BASH, laboratory instrumentation, Agile/Scrum
We’re seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to support our client’s embedded systems team. Looking for candidates local to San Diego or those relocating to San Diego.
• Triage instrument firmware (FW) issues discovered by other teams, identify gaps in functional testing.
• Work with firmware team to reproduce problems, design, and run tests to prove correction.
• Execute automated FW tests
• Carefully analyze and document test results
• Operate a variety of laboratory instrumentation and simulators to perform integration testing, system testing, and functionality testing
• Assist firmware developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests
• Work with scientists, technicians, engineers, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal FW systems
• Work in Scrum (Agile) teams within the firmware group, closely coordinating with firmware developers, systems analysts, and project managers
• Lead and mentor junior level engineers
• Drive projects and timelines
• Computer Science or Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s degree (or an advanced degree or equivalent professional experience)
• 5-10 years operating, testing, and supporting embedded systems FW for instrumentation
• Expert in networking systems and Linux, specifically TCP/IP
• Expert in Python / BASH/test scripting languages
• Experienced at continuous integration/deployment
• Skilled at producing high-quality documentation to be used in IVD instruments
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Understanding of Electrical Engineering
• Possess proven troubleshooting skills
• Working experience with C in embedded systems is highly desirable
• Basic understanding of biology/genetics/NGS preferred, but not required
• Familiarity with JAMA / Team Center a plus
• Experience with Confluence, Jira, and Git applications is a plus
• Be curious, detail-oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
• Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
• Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
• Passionate about embedded systems
Please apply today
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.