San Diego, CA
enterprise architecture, leadership, effective communication and presentation skils, data quality, interoperability, governance and risk management.
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We are seeking an Enterprise Architect for our client in the San Diego, CA area on a 5+ month W2 contract, and the potential to convert to a full time employee.
W2 contract only; no third parties or C2C. Will consider remote workers located within the U.S.
As the Enterprise Architect (EA), you will be responsible for improving the client’s overall IT solution landscape by architecting and implementing solutions based on business strategy, capabilities and business requirements.
EA is responsible for developing reference architectures, models, roadmaps and high-level solution designs that maximize and optimize the IT portfolio. The ideal candidate will also have a strong data/master data experience to guide the organization’s data assets to help provide users with high-quality data that is easily accessible in a consistent manner; influencing what kinds of information to capture, retain, use, and for what purposes.
Role and Responsibilities:
– Demonstrated leadership experience in directing, developing, and integrating corporate data strategy and policies with complex systems.
– Experience in developing and implementing strategic programs and policies pertaining to data quality, interoperability, governance and risk management.
– Collaborate with EA peers, IT staff and business partners to design and oversee activities related to solution architecture future states – including reference architectures, guiding principles, support models and security compliance.
– Identify opportunities spanning data models and metadata across product lines and/or services.
– Identify data elements of the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) which may impede projects and advise portfolio owners on mitigation and/or advocate for ETA changes.
– Participate in developing actionable roadmaps for the evolution of application portfolio solutions from current state to future state and provide technical oversight during execution of the plan.
– Act as a trusted advisor to executives and senior managers, provide executive-level presentations communicating the business value underlying clients information technology strategy.
– Identify opportunities spanning technical disciplines across product lines and/or services.
– Translate desired future-state business capabilities into solution architecture requirements.
– Identify elements of the enterprise technical architecture (ETA) which may impede projects and advise portfolio owners on mitigation and/or advocate for ETA changes.
– Facilitate practical technical solutions to enable business capabilities that drive business operating models and processes.
– Assist in estimating the cost/benefit of new technologies, to include both financial and technical impact.
– Facilitate the assessment and selection of software product solutions, standards and services that complement the ETA.
– Ensure all solution architecture design and analysis work is properly documented and stored for reuse.
– Provides technical direction to delivery on key transition and transformation initiatives.
– Contributes to company methods and practices community.
– Leads client-level visioning sessions for key areas identified by IT leadership.
– Shares knowledge and expertise through publishing, presenting at industry events and/or mentoring.
– Proactively collaborates with the company’s technology community.
– Collaborate with business constituents, other EA team members, project teams, and staff in various IT functional areas as needed to fulfill the responsibilities described above.
– Bachelor or Master Degree in a technical discipline
– 10+ years of related experience
– Excellent teaming and communication skills. (Toastmasters CC a plus).
– Excellent planning, organization, and time-management skills
– Strong consultative, facilitation and consensus building skills
– Quickly grasp the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes. Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
– Ability to estimate the impact of solution architecture alternatives
– Visualize and create infographics which facilitate transfer of knowledge and shared understanding
– Present and communicate technical concepts effectively to nontechnical audiences
– Sound judgment and strong sense of personal accountability
– Strong, consistent business acumen and general management abilities
– Knowledge of all domains of the enterprise technical architecture
– Working knowledge and/or experience with developing cloud/mobile/data solutions.
– Specialized skills in the use of architecture frameworks, methodologies and patterns through solution delivery. (TOGAF, IT4IT, DevOps, Agile, ITIL, ServiceNow APM)
– Experience with TOGAF to guide large-scale and complex Strategy and Transformation activities.
– Effective at breaking down complex problems to a level that work groups can understand and own.
– Expert knowledge of emerging industry trends a plus
– Solid, up to expert knowledge of 1-2 Vertical Industry Segments (out of the 12 defined by Gartner)
– Understands and can articulate the relative strengths and weaknesses of solutions relative to a business need.
– Demonstrates and can exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.