San Diego, CA
6 months +
DevOps, FedRamp, IAM, PAM, Python, Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Puppet, Chef, Ansible
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
Our client in San Diego, CA is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a 6 month contract opportunity. This position will be virtual to start but eventually will need to be able to be on-site at one of the clients locations: San Diego, CA (preferred), or Austin, TX. This role will be a part of their Cloud organization and will leverage their technical acumen to design, develop, implement, and support the company’s federal government Cloud solutions.
• Responsible for supporting Identify and Access Management (IAM) and Privileged Access Management (PAM) in accordance with FedRAMP, and NIST 800.53 standards
• Improve system monitoring and observability through log analysis, dashboard creation, and automated alerts based on established service level objectives (SLO) and service level agreements (SLA)
• Work with Cloud and security architecture teams in specifying technical requirements to support shared components deployed according to DoD RMF and Mil-Spec requirements
• Build automation frameworks and systems to improve time to delivery using modern CI/CD systems
• Review and update FedRAMP System Security Plan (SSP), policies, and procedures as needed
• Perform and improve operational functions, such as reliability and maintenance of productions systems
• Identify opportunities to leverage automation to improve security and build the tools necessary to execute improvements
• Participate in on-call for escalated support of production customer and systems
• 5+ years of Cloud Operations / Engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience with a strong focus on automation in a large-scale SaaS environment
• Hands-on technical experience architecting and deploying IAM and PAM
• Previous experience working within government compliance standards including FedRAMP, FISMA, and DoD RMF required
• Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms on at least one of the big three (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure) required
• Experience with automated configuration management and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Python required
• Experience with automated test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven, Ant preferred
• Experience with Monitoring and reporting tools such as DataDog, New Relic, Nagios, and Graphite
• Knowledge of NIST 800-30, 800-37, 800-53, and FIPS 140.2 publications
• Experience working in hybrid environment preferred
• CCSP, PCI QSA, CISSP, or CISA certifications a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field preferred
• Teradata experience is a plus
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.