San Diego, CA
graphic design, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, pixel-perfect design, typography, understanding of digital asset creawwtion
We’re seeking a Graphic Designer to join an enterprise-scale, classy website redesign project. This is a 9+ month W2 contract with our San Diego-based cient. Local candidates have the option for hybrid arrangement; REMOTE workers within the United States will be considered also.
• Partner with Art Directors, Designers, and Developers to concept and execute designs for our internal team and agency partners.
• Collaborate with internal teams and outside vendors to evolve brand look and feel.
• Produce specifications, final graphics, pixel-perfect designs and assets, as well as mockups and prototypes.
• Manage your own timelines and priorities as part of a cross-functional team and collaboratively meet tight deadlines in an agile environment.
• Design iconography for various buttons, status indicators, etc. across our design system.
• Provide general image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation.
• Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time.
• Provide great attention to detail, uphold, and deliver work at the highest quality standards.
• Be a consistent and relentless self-starter who takes initiative while knowing when to escalate and ask for direction.
• Help carry positive in-house studio culture both within the studio as well as outside of it.
• Demonstrate and foster great collaborative attitudes.
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Represent creative culture within Illumina.
• An amazing online portfolio showcasing multiple types of projects and solutions.
• 5+ years of professional experience in the graphic design field within an agency or in-house studio or equivalent experience.
• Expertise across not only the standard Adobe Creative Suite and Figma, but other applications such as Word, AdobeXD, etc.
• A pixel-perfect design sensibility.
• Demonstrated ability to use grid systems and apply design best practices.
• Love for typography and design systems; strong sense for visual hierarchy and harmony.
• Experience building and/ or contributing to a design system to scale and elevate brand consistency and standards.
• Deep understanding of digital asset creation and modern creative practices
• Working knowledge of accessibility standards.
• A background in branding.
• Demonstrated humility and strong sense of collaboration.
• An optimistic attitude and an inventive, entrepreneurial spirit.
• Excitement about helping to shape big, industry-defining ideas.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-LS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote