San Diego, CA
IT Project Management, Agile/Scrum, Infrastructure, Jira
We’re seeking a Senior level Project Manager who has supported IT Infrastructure related projects. This a 6+ month W2 (No C2C) contract position with the potential to extend or convert to a full-time employee. You will support our award-winning client that improves the quality of life for customers globally.
As a Project Manager, you will play a hybrid role of Project Manager across several Products and complex Projects and Agile coach for the Product Teams you work with. You will collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams, stakeholders, and sponsors across multiple geographies within the global product development community.
By embodying an Agile mindset, you will focus on supporting your assigned teams while facilitating and collaborating across teams involved in delivering on a broad project of work. As a servant leader, your role will include agile coaching and mentoring as well as establishing a continuous plan of action to improve the teams’ success.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Combination of education and highly relevant work experience will be considered.
• Formal project management qualifications preferred but not essential.
• Project manager with Agile/Scrum experience to support infrastructure team
• 7+ years of Sr. Scrum Master / DevOps Evangelist experience or equivalent agile environment experience with proven track record of improving their teams’ velocity, delivery, quality, and overall performance, capabilities, and employee satisfaction.
• 7+ years working as an Infrastructure Project Leader, with Big 5 or large consulting firm experience is preferred. Ideal Infrastructure knowledge includes data center management, VMWare, Windows and Linux OSs, physical compute infrastructure, storage infrastructure, data protection, disaster recovery, Cloud computing technology and services.
• Comfortable working with global dispersed teams
• Expert knowledge and command of Jira for road mapping/project planning, sprint planning, release planning, and work organization/prioritization.
• Project Management of cross-cutting infrastructure environment.
• Project Managing products, focusing on regular and timely delivery of value.
• Drive estimation, planning, tracking, reporting, risk identification and management.
• Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders and reporting on plans, proposals, and project status to stakeholders.
• As an agile coach and scrum master you will manage and optimize the flow of work through the principles of agility, facilitate estimation and planning sessions and other agile activities, and requirements gathering.
• Work with Product Managers/Owners and stakeholders to ensure alignment with commitments to the businesses and across teams.
• Be accountable for escalating and ensuring resolution to project issues to stakeholders, dealing with resource constraints, and managing timing challenges and syncing dependencies across teams.
• Accept and manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally
• You will be comfortable planning in an ambiguous environment, and able to assist the teams in managing and reducing ambiguity.
• Manage release activities and documentation, including coordination with all applicable stakeholders, in a regulated environment.
• Manage and communicate the implementation of significant changes to planning objectives, schedule, and product configuration to internal and external stakeholders.
• Establish and regularly review key team metrics including resourcing, and performance trends.
• Experience working with global teams across multiple regions.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Outstanding time management and organization skills.
• Adept in problem-solving and resolving conflict.
• Experience with scaling Agile teams is preferred.
• Experience working with medical devices, or a regulated environment is a plus but not essential.
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote