San Diego, CA
Project/Program Manager, IT, security, analytics
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We’re seeking a Project/Program Manager for a W2 contract opportunity, through the end of 2021, with our client in San Diego, CA.
The PM will be responsible for the successful delivery of various, large programs/projects, focused in the areas of IT, Security and Analytics, through all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle. This role will manage internal resources and vendors as well as provide strategic guidance to teams in order to promote successful outcomes of technology initiatives. Experience with FedRamp is a
plus but not required.
This role is responsible for the successful delivery of a wide array of prioritized programs/projects through all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle which includes – initiation, planning, development, execution, control & closeout of projects, organizing, coordinating, and driving technology programs and projects. Managing internal resources and vendors for the successful execution of projects will be key to the role. The Project Manager will provide strategic guidance to teams and other resources in ways that promote the successful outcomes of technology initiatives, utilizing the appropriate approach and tools to meet business and expectations.
Role and Responsibilities:
– Define, plan, direct the establishment & execution of a broad range of technical programs/projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources and risk
– Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project team
– Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
– Provide project risk analysis and mitigation planning
– Maintain overall control of the schedule, budget and scope
– Create collaborative partnerships and perform stakeholder management with customers, vendors and other teams to achieve project objectives
– Lead project reviews and facilitate steering committees to ensure transparency and alignment of all active project and programs are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders
– Develop projects’ scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
– Prepare and manage deliverables (Project Plan, Risk Plan, Communication Plan, etc.) – use deliverables to conduct the project
– Manage the escalation of issues and submit recommendations to executive steering teams to remediate
– Track the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding Project Change Requests and outstanding issues weekly
– Update appropriate documentation and project plan to reflect changes in requirements and commitments
– Identify, document and ensure analysis of scope change requests throughout the project lifecycle
– Utilize company release management, change management standards and procedures
Active participation, in and contribute to, PMO policies and procedures
– Travel as required for successful delivery of initiatives
– BS/BA in business or a technical field with 5 to 10 years of directly relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 3 to 7 years of applicable business experience, with at least two (2) years of experience leading major and/or complex programs including at least three (3) years of experience managing large projects
– Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding and experience in Agile software development
– PMP certification required. CSM or PSM certification is a plus
– Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Scheduling, Resourcing, Cost Management, Scoping, etc.)
– Excellent knowledge of Collaboration tools; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
– Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
– Expert managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent problem-solving ability
– Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
– Experience managing projects with a global footprint
– Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
– Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
– Deep knowledge on business processes optimization, business data and related key performance indicators
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.