San Diego / Remote
Network, Voice, Data, Security, LAN, WAN, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF, QOS, VLAN, IPSec, Big IP LTM, APM, WAF, AWS, Cisco, Palo Alto, DMZ, wireless, CCNP
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
Our client is a leader in the medical device industry. They are seeking a Lead Network Engineer to join their team in delivering scalable, robust networking capabilities to support their global workforce and clients. This will be a Contract-to-Hire opportunity, beginning with a 6-month contract.
* Lead the team to Innovate, design, support, and maintain the organization’s global IT network infrastructure, providing guidance and best practices.
* Perform network maintenance in accordance with established schedules and best practices.
* Consult with Architects and business users to analyze and determine the engineering scope and priority of projects, and to discuss system capacity and acquisition of equipment and services.
* Drive in technical security approaches and implementations.
* Participate in negotiations and contracts with consultants, technical personnel, and vendors for services and products.
* Practice continuous improvement and motivate the team to drive innovation through on-going research and learning
Skills & Experience:
* 6+ years of experience in Infrastructure, Networking, Messaging or IT Operations and at least 3 years of experience in a Network Lead role in a global team.
* Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and reporting skills required.
* Experience in installing, configuring and maintenance of Big IP LTM, APM and WAF is required.
* Strong background and experience with AWS.
* Hands-on experience with Cisco ASAs, and Palo Alto firewalls.
* Experience installing, configuring and maintaining wireless network equipment, network management and security.
* Experience with DMZs, and 3-Tier Architecture, Cisco Operating Systems, DNA and ISE.
* Strong understanding of LAN/WAN/SD-WAN, MPLS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, VRF, QOS, Route policies, VLAN, and IPSec.
* Experience with automated network configuration management and zero touch deployments utilizing tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef is a plus.
* CCNP certification required or equivalent work experience.
* Bachelors in Engineering or Computer Science
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.