San Diego, CA
6 month+ contract
July 11, 2022
IT procurement, managed services partner experience, SLAs, contracts, renewals, pricing
We’re seeking a Senior Procurement / Relationship Manager for a 6+ month contract to hire position to support our San Diego-based client. This is a REMOTE position with core Pacific Time Zone hours.
• The role involves identifying areas of additional value and synergy realization as part of the relationships with large-scale managed service providers and 3rd party vendors with a focus on infrastructure and applications support.
• Partner with procurement in the development and implementation of global IT sourcing strategies and global supplier network capabilities to achieve key business goals.
• Supplier relationship management in alignment with the needs of the business, the global supply and/or services strategies.
• Working closely with procurement partners to actively approach the market by means of investigating, screening, pre-selection of and negotiation with new or alternative suppliers for a IT product group/IT line of business/IT service need.
• Partnering with procurement to help drive closure for negotiations of complex agreements with suppliers encompassing key program specifications and functional objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• 7 or more years of experience in IT procurement contract activities
• Experience working in a global organization
• Strong analytical skills in a Sourcing and Procurement Services or Operations context
• Knowledge of purchasing, procurement, and contracts
• Develops, fosters and manages strategic partnership and holds both suppliers and internal customers accountable for realizing projected relationship value
• Responsible for total supplier performance: measure and manage vs. key targets, compliance to agreements and implementing improvement roadmaps to address gaps
• Experienced in more broadly based throughout the supply chain and has managed in different regions.
• Able to identify and drive down cost drivers in this environment, define should costing models and ability to drive comprehensive supplier strategies a plus.
• Acting as interface between suppliers and IT towers regarding tactical issues, pricing, quality while maintaining continuity of supply & services by taking ownership of tactical issues, facilitating work through others, and driving the team to closure
• Work effectively with internal stakeholders cross-functionally and cross-regionally, as well as those of external partnerships who are critical to meeting key objectives
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, in particular Excel for data analysis, is a pre-requisite as well as knowledge of Smartsheets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and presentation skills. Will help bridge the relationships and performances of supplier and supplier sub-tiers.
• Comfortable working in global environment (internal stakeholders and suppliers)
• Self-motivated, initiative and entrepreneurial approach
• Solid relationship-building skills
• Ability to influence internal stakeholders
• Adept at influencing decisions and developing solutions to complex technical situations
• Confident in negotiation skills; good conflict resolution skills
• Highly organized
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
• Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment; able to work with ambiguity and critically think in a dynamic environment
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-JT1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote