San Diego, CA
6 months CTH
Agile Project Manager, Program Management, Agile/Scrum, software development projects, data center projects, global scale, clear communication, collaboration, transparency
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We’re seeking an IT Program Manager / Agile Project Manager for a 6-month W2 consulting position with the intent to convert to a client employee following the consulting engagement.
Our award-winning client is based in San Diego, CA, and is an international and growing leader in their industry. Their technology and products improve the quality of life of those around the world.
PM can be based anywhere in the United States and open to a flex schedule to liaise with global counterparts. The focus of this role initially will be on global data center/site moves, builds, and refreshes.
***W2 contract only, no third parties***
The responsibilities include:
• As a Program Manager you will facilitate the collaboration across global teams, escalate impediments, track risks and help drive continuous improvements.
o Establish measures to determine the success of programs (e.g. objectives, scope, time, intended results) and communicate and report on progress against plan
o Work with the delivery management team, product owners, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure team alignment with commitments
o Possess an unwavering commitment to quality, accountability and be a champion of continuous improvement.
o Be accountable for escalating and ensuring resolution to program issues, dealing with resource constraints, and managing intra-team timing challenges and dependencies
o Manage and communicate (internal and external) the implementation of significant changes to planning objectives, schedule, and product configuration
o Formal presentation of program status. Establish and regularly review key team metrics including resourcing, and performance trends planning cadence
• As a Project Manager, you may manage projects using both Agile and more traditional waterfall methodologies
o Manage changing priorities and address issues quickly and professionally
o Provide team status reports highlighting accomplishments, plans, and issues across all assigned teams
o Bring extensive experience and judgment to effectively plan and accomplish professional and team goals
o Help manage vendors in support of team initiatives
• As a Scrum Master you will be helping the teams organize and workload and leading 2-week sprint cycles.
o Be an active participant in the Agile adoption, where appropriate, and coaching of leaders or teams in new processes and mindsets.
o Provide coaching and mentoring to teams to help improve their skills
o You will work with or act as a Product Owner to elicit and prioritize work across multiple departments and stakeholders
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; Master’s degree preferred
(Combination of education and work experience will be considered)
• Must be a decisive, flexible, and resourceful leader as well as an outstanding team builder.
• 7+ years of technology experience managing or delivering enterprise scale solutions for software and infrastructure projects such as full cycle software development, cloud-based software applications, data centers, and networking
• Solid business acumen, capable of managing the detail, as well as drive a “big picture” perspective
• Experience managing programs in highly matrixed cultures, leading two or more teams concurrently
• Experience in all phases of agile project lifecycle, interfacing both with technical teams and business users, spanning multiple geographies
• Experience in using project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates) effectively. Scrum Master background a plus.
• Ability to work autonomously, with focus on delivering results to ensure success
• Experience with Jira and Confluence is desired.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with clear and collaborative communication
• Outstanding time management and organization skills
• Adept in problem-solving and resolving conflict
• Flexible and resourceful
• Ability to understand the technical vision and communicate it to both technical and non-technical parties
• Ability to learn fast and to work effectively within the team environment
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.