Project Manager – ProcurementApply now
thru End of Year initially
Project Manager, Procurement, Sourcing, Vendor Management, Contract Management
Our globally recognized high-tech client has an opening for a remote contract Project Manager. The Project Manager will support the Sourcing and Procurement team as a member of the IT PMO organizing, coordinating, and driving procurement-related programs and projects.
• Start: Immediate
• Duration: through end of year, could extend
• Location: Remote from United States.
• Hours: Standard Core working hours. Ability to accommodate Central Time Zone
• Anticipated Compensation is $55-65/hr W2 plus benefits. The offered compensation to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include (but are not limited to) the type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
The Sourcing and Procurement Project Manager is responsible for:
* Successful delivery of projects through all phases of the Project Management Lifecycle which includes – initiation, planning, development, execution, control & closeout of projects.
* Collaboration with IT, Procurement, and business sponsors to ensure projects are executed on time, per scope, within budget and with high quality will be key to the role.
* Provide strategic guidance to teams and other resources in ways that promote the successful outcomes of procurement initiatives, utilizing the appropriate approach and tools to meet business and IT expectations.
* The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and leader, comfortable in leading procurement centric projects.
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead strategic Procurement projects
• Ensure projects deliver on commitments
• Define, plan, direct the establishment & execution of projects, while balancing the competing demands of scope, time, cost, quality, resources and risk
• Plan, organize, lead and monitor the activities of the project team
• Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
• Provide project risk analysis and mitigation planning
• Maintain overall control of the schedule, budget and scope
• Create collaborative partnerships and perform stakeholder management with customers, vendors, and other teams to achieve project objectives
• Ensure projects’ objectives/requirements are clear and agreed to by all stakeholders
• Develop projects’ scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Prepare and manage deliverables (Project Plan, Risk Plan, Communication Plan, etc.) – use deliverables to conduct the project
• Manage the escalation of issues and submit recommendations to executive steering teams to remediate
• Track the status of deliverables and any decisions made regarding Project Change Requests and outstanding issues weekly
• Update appropriate documentation and project plan to reflect changes in requirements and commitments
• Identify, document and ensure analysis of scope change requests throughout the project lifecycle
• Utilize company release management, change management standards and procedures
• Active participation, in and contribute to, the IT PMO policies and procedures
* BS/BA in business or a technical field with 7 to 10 years of directly relevant experience
* Comprehensive and demonstrable understanding of core Project Management Fundamentals
* PMP certification
* Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods (Scheduling, Resourcing, Cost Management, Scoping, etc.)
* Excellent knowledge of Collaboration tools; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
* Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
* Expert managing multiple, simultaneous projects and programs
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving ability
* Ability to address and resolve difficult situations even under time pressure
* Experience collaborating with and supporting business leaders within a large corporate environment
* Demonstrated ability to influence and manage the expectations of stakeholders, team members, management and external partners
* Profound knowledge on business process, business data and related key performance indicators
Please Apply Today
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote