San Diego, CA
Scrum Master, Agile PM, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and product backlog refinement sessions, CSM, CSPO
We’re seeking a Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager (APM) for a W2 contract position through February 2023. This is a REMOTE position supporting the Pacific Time Zone to lead large, complex enterprise-level projects within the Enterprise Applications Team. Human Resource (HR) and Workday experience are pluses.
The APM will use their knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices with an agile development approach. Working with a talented team of functional and technical experts, the APM is a key proponent of agile practices and values, using these to help drive forward the digital transformation program that empowers our customer-oriented vision.
The ideal candidate should be well versed and comfortable driving the full software development lifecycle, from requirements identification and prototyping, through design and implementation, to customer acceptance and delivery. You welcome the challenge of working in a fast-paced, data-driven, commercially oriented environment and will exercise your problem-solving skills with an eye toward ultimately improving team performance.
* Organize and facilitate agile activities including daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and product backlog refinement sessions
* Understand the project’s functional/technical requirements and provide leadership to help solve some of the more complex challenges
* Capture defined organizational metrics to identify areas of opportunity and work with the team to continuously improve
* Effectively manage user story estimation and forecasting
* Champion and facilitate the adoption of agile standards, tools, and best practices while helping the team embrace agile core values, adopt, and apply those principles, and implementation practices
* Coach team on established IT and corporate standards (e.g., security, quality, and architecture) to minimize operational and reputational risk; ensuring appropriate regulatory & compliance processes, data quality, verification & validation execution, and systems delivery are followed
* Coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party vendors or consultants to deliver projects according to the plan
* Proactively identify and resolve impediments
* Manage the escalation process for critical issues through to resolution
* Communicate with leaders across the organization to ensure transparency into delivery progress, challenges, and risks
* Maintain all project and portfolio documentation using standard tools, e.g., Jira, MS Teams and SharePoint, and ensure all documentation and project artifacts are kept current, complete, and saved in standardized folder locations
* Maintain knowledge of industry standards and improvements in the agile methodology and subsequent frameworks and serve as a champion to process improvement initiatives
* Provide agile KPI reports to the project team
* Conduct project management tasks including validating and monitoring project budgets while ensuring value is being delivered timely
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field
* CSM or CSPO Certified
* 5+ years of Scrum Master Experience with proficiency in schedule management as well as documentation management
* Knowledge of Agile approaches and Project Management Principles
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-JT1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote