Release train engineer, RTE, release planning, Agile, ALM
We’re seeking a Senior Release Train Engineers’ (RTE) for an employee position with our client, located in Irvine, CA. This position is currently remote; however, will eventually move to onsite work in Irvine, CA.
The primary purpose is to lead Agile Release Trains (ART) to success and navigate the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The Senior RTE resolves and escalates impediments, manages risk, assures value delivery, and drives program level continuous improvement. You will play a critical link between multiple scrum teams; facilitating communications, opening the flow of information, and sharing important progress updates to ensure all teams involved in the ART are focused on successful delivery. You will be accountable for the overall coordination, execution and delivery of value through the program while ensuring alignment with company strategy, commitments and goals.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
• 5 years’ experience as RTE, Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Agile Project/Program Manager
• Servant leader and strong communicator with strong interpersonal skills with a strong technical aptitude and experience leading teams in delivering quality software
• Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), or other scaling model is preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees small to medium-size release trains with complex scope and inter-dependencies.
• Facilitates the coordinated preparation of release planning for the release train, including communication and coordination with stakeholders and customers during feature definition and delivery.
• Manage change to the quarterly plan and the impacts of those changes
• Responsible for backlog management as well as ALM tool data integrity for accurate reporting. This includes the collection of metrics and KPI’s.
• Coordinate major feature releases and ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams, release trains, or solution groups are involved in development
• Resolve/report issues and manage dependencies and risks across the ART and between ART’s.
• Drive continuous improvement through the facilitation of retrospectives quarterly, or more often as needed, to improve backlog management, release train reviews, sprint reviews, or release train coordination and higher-level function.
• Active participate in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices. Work with RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company improve cross train and solution group coordination and collaboration.
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-RJ1