San Diego, CA
6 months +
report development, SQL, business objects
We’re seeking a Reports Developer / Software Systems Engineer for a 6+ month W2 contract position with our innovative and growing client located in San Diego, CA. Prefer will be given to local candidates who are open to working 1+ days onsite. There is potential for this project to extend and/or convert to a client employee.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field; advanced degree a plus
• 2+ years of reporting experience using SQL and a Business Objects reporting tool such as SAP Business Objects or Crystal Reports
• 2+ years’ experience in report development, universe design and system administration
• Experience in creating relational database connections, data foundations, and business layer
• Experience configuring, designing, and building complex visualizations and dashboards using Business Objects, Tableau, Cognos, Power BI or comparable BI tool
• Experience developing complex queries in MS SQL Server, Oracle or other relational database
• Experience in SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence (BI) Suite (version 3.1 or higher), Information Design Tool (IDT), Web Intelligence (WebI) and BI Launchpad
• Manufacturing processes
• Regulated environment (FDA Part 11)
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle of controlled systems
• Camstar (Siemens) MES universe or LabVantage LIMS universe
• Experience developing reports using a SAP HANA datasource
• Experience with Denodo virtual views.
• Interpret requirements to implement report templates for global reporting solution
• Understanding of master data and the roles played by PLM, ERP, MES, LIMS, etc. in support of manufacturing
• Engage Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assure change and configuration documentation is accurate and complete, all relevant documentation is included, and appropriate implementation strategies and validation activities have been completed.
• Able to work independently and requires minimal guidance to perform required tasks
• Work with peers and/or subordinates to ensure timely completion of projects and tasks
• Demonstrate effective communication style working with all levels of organizational structure, through multiple departments, and across global sites
• Develop technical solutions which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity to solve complex problems.
• Ability to build highly intuitive and captive reporting solutions and dashboard metrics
• Design, model, document, and guide the logical and conceptual relationship of data and database changes for complex applications
• Perform software validation and assist with all phases of Software Design Life Cycle
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.