San Diego, CA
long-term, 6+ month contract
Ruby, Ruby on Rails, ROR, custom applications, version control, quality code, remote
We are seeking a Ruby & Ruby on Rails Developer for our client, a leader in the medical device space, located in the Carlsbad area. This is a long-term W2 consulting position starting at 6 months. Work can be performed REMOTELY from anywhere within the U.S.
Candidates should have enterprise-scale experience working on custom projects and a passion for the Ruby language.
This could be a great fit for you if you:
* Pride yourself on producing readable, well tested, quality code
* Stay up to date on developments in the Ruby and Rails communities
* Enjoy continuous learning through reading, networking and attending conferences
* Have the ability to quickly establish rapport with management and team members
* Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Minimum 5 years strong Ruby and Rails experience
* Expert understanding of Ruby syntax and object model, as well as common associated tools like rspec and resque
* Solid understanding of OOP, MVC, ORM, TDD and REST
* Basic understanding of front-end technologies
* Experience working in an Agile environment with daily stand-ups
* DevOps expertise is a plus, especially if you have prior system administration experience or are fluent in AWS architecture and services such as EC2, VPC, CloudWatch, RDS, and S3.
* Willing and able to run after-hours deployments twice a month
* Detail-Oriented, self-starter, motivated, organized, analytical, results-driven, with a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and initiative. In addition, punctuality is needed for scheduled dial-in team meetings.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-LS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote