Direct Hire, Full-time
SAP Functional Lead, Fixed Assets, SAP FI/CO, financials, accounting, end-to-end implementation, SAP S/4, business acumen, presentation skills
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We’re actively seeking a SAP FICO Lead – Financial Systems to join a well-established privately held and recognized company in Orange County, CA. The SAP FICO functional lead needs to be relationship-centric and have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Large consulting firm experience a plus.
Primary areas of expertise for this role include Fixed Assets, Depreciation, General Ledger (G/L), Costing, Project Systems, Taxation and US GAAP experience. Leadership aptitude and strong liaison skills are instrumental for this role. Need a senior individual to create and support custom solutions and interfaces for the corporate financial solutions group.
Description of Role:
* Act as the effective liaison between IT and the Finance Business Partners, by communicating requirements, business processes, risks, issues and opportunities.
* Develop business relationships and liaises with other IT areas to ensure successful implementation and support for all project efforts.
* Perform all tasks with a customer-centric focus, weighing individual customer (internal or external) needs with the overall needs of the business
* Leverage extensive SAP FI/CO and Fixed Asset experience to assist in the design, build / configuration and support of the SAP Financial System modules in alignment with financial and business requirements. He/she must be able to support all phases of a project lifecycle including design, development, testing, training, and documentation and production support
* Gather business requirements, write functional designs / functional specifications and partners with the development team to ensure a successful implementation
* Partner with the development team during the design and build phases of development
* Lead small sub-projects; creates detailed project plans, project estimates (resources and dollars)
* Create robust project management reporting with the ability to deliver to project stakeholders and leadership (SteerCo)
* Regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with best practice use of SAP. Cross train other associates where and when appropriate
* Provide ongoing responsibility for system failure prevention, system problem calls and user inquiries
* Lead constant improvement opportunities and appropriately challenges processes to ensure consistency
* Translate long-term objectives into practical solutions; networks and benchmarks to gain insights into the potential use of new tools, processes and techniques
* Develop and retain relevant SAP skills including participating in user groups, training, and professional associations
* Support SAP systems upgrades and life cycle management
* Provide technical and operational support for monthly financial close processes and reporting within SAP system
* Collaborate with outsource team members and developers and interface with all business areas of business for SAP support
* Keep a high level of communication with management on daily activities and escalate issues to manager and director in an efficient and constructive fashion
* Proactively engage with all business partners with a continuous process improvement mindset
* Interact and effectively execute all assigned duties with various levels of management and personnel
* Provide overall assistance to the Accounting department as needed
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including system and business process analysis and resolution. Must be able to understand technical concepts of the system environment
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a customer service attitude.
* Must be extremely well organized and thorough.
* The ideal candidate sees every problem or issue as a potential opportunity; they strive for continual process improvement and approach their daily tasks with a positive attitude and deep desire to elevate the customer experience
* 4-year College Bachelor’s Degree (Finance/Accounting Major) or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred
* 8-10+ years of IT experience; 5+ years as a Business Analyst or related role implementing and supporting SAP FI/CO and Fixed Assets.
* Hands-on FI/CO / Fixed Asset configuration experience is a must
* 5+ years of experience in Asset Master Data, Organization Structure, Chart of Depreciation, Depreciation area and keys, linking with SAP GL accounts, Depreciation Run, Acquisition, Write Off.
* Have completed multiple (2-3) full life cycle SAP implementations
* Experience with managing offshore teams a plus i.e., working with a managed services provider
Fixed Assets Experience:
* Strong Knowledge in reconciling reports between Fixed Asset system and General Ledger; and in maintaining Fixed Asset and monthly depreciation posting.
* Strong Knowledge of Project System to AUC processes using Investment Managements; in forecasting depreciation expense and CAPEX; and settlement related to Fixed Assets both in summary and by line item
* Knowledge to perform depreciation calculation for all Fixed Assets and provide schedules and analysis as needed
* Serve as a mentor for Fixed Assets team members in IT related matters.
Identify process improvement opportunities as it relates to Fixed Assets.
* Work collectively with the management team in providing input, suggestions, and recommendations for department operations as it relates to Fixed Assets
* Troubleshoot Fixed Assets month-end processing issues: monthly depreciation, retirements
* Support the preparation of year end Fixed Asset schedules
* Support the tracking of Fixed Asset spending in relation to its capital budget, as well as management authorizations
* Support of roll forward Fixed Asset report
Preferred US GAAP & Tax Experience:
* Proficiency with U.S. GAAP and US TAX standards.
Support cost adjustments, depreciation/amortization, retirements or disposal consistently with GAAP.
* Recommend fixed capitalization policies and GAAP.
Support new streamlined asset capitalization guidelines and complying with GAAP and US tax.
* Support accounting and reporting for company’s Fixed Assets and capital projects in accordance with GAAP, Tax and other regulatory requirements.
* Support audit requirements for Fixed Assets for GAAP and US TAX.
* Support capitalization policy and assign depreciation life to all acquired assets for GAAP and US Tax.
* Support of Fixed Asset transactions in compliance with GAAP and US TAX.
* Support Fixed Asset policy as needed to comply with GAAP, US TAX and corporate guidelines.
* Assure the integrity of the underlying accounting data in compliance with GAAP and US tax.
* Strong knowledge of Fixed Asset Accountant Reconciliation of the Fixed Asset ledger in accordance with GAAP.
* Participate in design and implementation procedures in compliance with GAAP and US Tax rules.
* Help in configuring transactions for accuracy and proper accounting per GAAP and US Tax
Additional Preferred Experience
* Experience with SAP HANA and or upgrading SAP from ECC to HANA
* Strong knowledge of reconciliation in environment where company codes have different fiscal year variants
* Troubleshoot analysis of variances and perform research on a monthly and quarterly basis
* Support the creation, settlement and retirement of assets as appropriate, help tracking status of capital projects, and support all necessary reporting.
* Strong knowledge in the development, testing , rolling out new and updated development objects to comply with guidelines
* Strong Project Management methodologies and practices a plus
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.