San Diego, CA
automated API/UI/Unit tests, test instrument and web applications, continuous delivery, manual tests, SDLC, OOP with C# or Java, web services
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer in Test for a 1 year W2 project for our innovative, growing San Diego based client. We’re seeking candidates local to San Diego who can come into the office as needed. We’ll also consider those local to the San Francisco Bay Area or anywhere in California who can periodically come onsite at the campus.
This position will require the candidate to perform Instrument and web application testing using both automated and manual testing techniques.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of ownership, motivation, and attention to detail.
• Develop and execute automated API/UI/Unit tests to enable continuous delivery.
• Assist domain test engineers in writing and executing manual tests as needed.
• Work with software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests.
• Develop and continuously improve test automation frameworks, research/introduce new tools.
• Work with engineers, scientists, marketing, and project management to deliver commercial and internal SW systems.
• Work collaboratively and effectively in a very fast-paced environment.
• 6-10 years’ in-depth experience working in Software Quality Engineering/Assurance and/or other areas of the SDLC to test instrument and web applications, both front and back end
• Experience authoring automated API/web tests using frameworks/tools, such as Selenium, Protractor, Ready! API, TestComplete, REST assured
• Familiarity with API and web services
• B.S. in a Computer Science, Math, or Engineering related area or equivalent technical experience.
• Understanding of Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field of biology
• Experience in performance testing, usability testing, and security testing
• Experience working with databases, such as SQL, MySQL or Postgres
• Be curious, detail oriented, and analytical, with a proven ability to learn quickly
• Be customer-focused, team-oriented, and motivated, taking ownership of assigned tasks
• Have proven ability to self-manage, as well as manage interdisciplinary relationships
• Have proven verbal and written communication skills
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-JT1 #Li-DNI #Li-Remote