San Diego, CA
Contract-to-Hire or Full-time
global-scale experience, AWS, test automation, relational database, non-relational database, web, mobile, cloud, best practices, scalable solutions, high quality
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer with AWS cloud services experience to join our client’s Test Engineering team. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire or direct role position with our award-winning, global client in San Diego, CA.
Preference is for candidates local to San Diego or Southern California; however, candidates based on the West Coast will also be considered. Hybrid onsite/remote or fully remote options will both be considered. Role will primarily support Pacific time zone business hours.
This role is responsible for leading and performing software development, design, and testing to support the testing activities in the web, mobile, and cloud applications. It also encompasses working with global Product Development (PD) teams in San Diego, Australia, Canada, and Ukraine. These applications are designed for clinicians involved in the care and management of patients using client’s medical devices.
To succeed in this role, you will have demonstrable experience in performing the following responsibilities in a fast-paced environment:
• Apply software development skills/techniques and AWS knowledge to the design and development of high-quality and scalable test automation solutions.
• Lead collaborative design reviews and perform test code inspections leading to application optimization.
• Enhance tools/applications for the current test automation framework by applying innovative state-of-the-art software development frameworks and data science solutions.
• Propose, define and implement processes and solutions for improved software development.
• Resolve complex problems with efficient designs and implementations.
• Collaborate within teams, across business and lead functional and technical discussions.
• Foster best coding practices within the team, write tutorials, articles and be involved in technical presentations.
• Formulate hypotheses, conduct experiments, and propose recommendations for continuous advancements of the test automation framework.
• Maintain technical skills and awareness of current state-of-the-art technical advancements.
• Build strong technical expertise and engineering leadership within the development teams and actively support their growth.
• Motivate, coach, and mentor team members to develop and grow technical talent.
• Develop and drive a culture of ownership, high performance, and efficiency within the team.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Computer Science, Engineering or Science degree or equivalent experience.
• Strong experience of core Java language, Spring framework, microservices, and web APIs.
• Exposure to Angular, Spring Boot, relational & non-relational databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, and SQL Server are highly desirable).
• Programing experience using Python or R is a bonus.
• Experience building applications using AWS services, technical proficiency in services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, Lambda, S3.
• Good understanding of cloud networking concepts.
• Work with automation tools such as Terraform including building cloud-based CI/CD/CT DevOps pipelines.
• Container Tooling – Docker.
• Experience with monitoring tools such as (AppDynamics, CloudWatch, Tibco/RTView).
• Knowledge in Machine Learning methodologies with hands-on experiences, such as classifications, regressions, forecasts, and unsupervised learning is highly regarded.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.