San Diego, CA / Hybrid
1-1.5 year contract
LabView, Matlab, Test Stand, Python, RS232, RS422, TCP/IP, UDP, FTP
Our client is a key innovator, enabling the world’s leading microchip manufacturers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. This role will support the engineering and manufacturing behind this exciting technology. The SQA Engineer will be part of a creative, dynamic work environment, in a team made up of collaborative and supportive colleagues. This will be a 12 – 18 month contract, located in beautiful San Diego, CA. Work is expected to be done in a HYBRID environment, with 3 days onsite, and 2 remote per week.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Develop LabVIEW applications for Manufacturing, Engineering and Supplier systems.
* Develops applications needed for proof of concept, feasibility validation and prototype evaluation.
* Research new software technologies and propose enhancements to the test tool software portfolio based on those new technologies. This includes LabVIEW applications, Matlab scripts and Test Stand sequences.
* Provide test software technical leadership and participate in technical discussions with cross functional teams.
* Investigate test software quality issues and propose long-term solutions for software test tools.
* Evaluate the electrical, software, optical and electromagnetic components of the systems and its modules in order to develop applications that cover all the necessary use cases.
* Create technical presentations (software design architecture, test tool updates, etc.) and present those in cross functional review meetings.
* Create engineering design documents including block diagrams, software sequence diagrams, flow diagrams and other engineering design artifacts. Review documentation created by other team members.
* Selects off-the-shelf software components required for new and sustaining test tools.
* Works in cross-functional groups to create test software requirements documentation.
* Oversees technical development of software done by peer engineers. Mentors and train junior engineers.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Masters degree is a plus.
* NI Certified LabVIEW Developer preferred.
* A minimum of six (6) years industry experience developing test software.
* Solid programming experience developing LabVIEW applications.
* Programming experience developing LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA applications desired but not required.
* Programming experience with Test Stand, Matlab and Python desired but not required.
* Experience developing applications that interface with National Instrument hardware: PXI Data Acquisition (DAQ) Systems, Analog DAQ Systems, Digital I/O, NI Vision, sbRIO.
* Experience developing applications which handle communication interfaces:RS232, RS422, CAN Bus/Device Net, Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP, FTP), GPIB, SPI.
* Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
* Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
* Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
* Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
* Result-driven, demonstrating ownership and accountability, and can work independently or as part of a team, following through on assignments with minimal supervision.
* Observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
* Can learn and apply new information or skills.
* Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
* Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Please Apply Today !!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI