San Diego, CA / Hybrid
SQA, Software, Requirements, Test plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures, Documentation, JIRA, SVN, Validation, RS232, RS422, Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP, TCP, SPI
Our client is a key innovator, enabling the world’s leading microchip manufacturers to reduce the size and increase the functionality of microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. This role will support the engineering and manufacturing behind this exciting technology. The SQA Engineer will be part of a creative, dynamic work environment, in a team made up of collaborative and supportive colleagues. This will be a 12 – 18 month contract, located in beautiful San Diego, CA. Work is expected to be done in a HYBRID environment, with 3 days onsite, and 2 remote per week.
Role and Responsibilities
* Develops test plans to validate software applications used in Manufacturing, Engineering and Supplier testing.
* Designs and creates test cases and procedures for testing software functionality.
* Executes these test cases, and maintains an auditable storage and retrieval of test results.
* Participates in the definition of software requirements. Analyzes software requirements for completeness and participates in the creation of operational use cases.
* Participates in design reviews to ensure requirements have been flowed down into the appropriate design documentation.
* Analyzes test results and provides progress reports to engineers and management.
* Writes test procedures needed to deploy software applications to the final users.
* Participates in the training of the test software users.
* Collects data on problems and issues and provides feedback to the development teams for implementation of root cause solutions.
* Configures the test equipment required to run the test software applications. This includes test computers, data acquisition systems, cables, device drivers, etc.
* Validates new test equipment functionality.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Masters degree is a plus.
* 6+ years industry experience developing software test plans.
* Experience defining, developing, and implementing software test systems.
* Experience with software development process, software configuration management and defect tracking (JIRA, SVN).
* Experience validating test equipment (test computers, Data Acquisition systems, I/O boards, Interface boxes, cable systems, etc).
* Experience testing/ using communication interfaces: RS232, RS422, Ethernet (TCP/IP, UDP, TCP), SPI.
* Programming experience (LabVIEW, Matlab, Python, C++, etc.) desired but not required.
– Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
– Result driven, demonstrating ownership and accountability. Follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
– Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
– Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
– Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
– Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
– Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
– Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
– Work according to a well-defined set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Please Apply Today !
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI