San Diego, CA
VxWorks, RTOS, C/C++, Matlab, python, debugging, software design, algorithms, microcontrollers, customer focus, detail-oriented
We’re seeking a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer to support our San Diego-based client, a global leader in their industry. They’re a growing and innovative company and it’s an exciting time to be part of their journey. This is a long-term (12 -18 months) W2 contract position. No third-party applicants, please.
The team will be supporting a hybrid onsite/remote arrangement with 3 days in the office / 2 days remote weekly schedule. Seeking local candidates, or those relocating to the San Diego area.
• Work with Algorithms and Systems engineers to understand complex algorithm and system-level requirements and translate these to clear concise and coherent software requirements.
• Generate software requirements, design documents, interface control documents and unit test plans.
• Maintain and develop embedded control system software application software written in C and C++
• Work with complex hardware interfaces in a real-time environment.
• Develop and perform unit testing of real-time embedded or application software.
• Translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
• Follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
Core skill requirements:
– 5+ years of software engineering experience with experience in C/C++ programming
– Experience developing embedded software VxWorks RTOS
– Debugging skills
– Software design
• Knowledge of software engineering processes, including Software configuration management and the ability to read and create appropriate project documentation.
• Knowledge of real-time operating systems (RTOS), control system theory, embedded software design, real time system interactions in an embedded environment.
• Knowledge of microcontroller architectures and principles of operation.
• Knowledge and ability to work with oscilloscopes, and signal generators.
— Must have knowledge and intermediate experience in at 3 or more of the following:
• Embedded microprocessor development environments.
• Serial communications (SPI, RS422, RS232, etc.).
• I2C bus.
• PCIe device drivers.
• Object Oriented Design with UML.
• Assembly language programming.
• Networking technologies such as TCP/IP, UDP, etc.
• Embedded Web Server design and implementation.
• CAN communication.
• Multi-core design.
• Semiconductor capital equipment.
• Multi-processor/distributed systems.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
– Effective communication
– collaborative, team player
– detailed-oriented, accurate, accountable, good time management skills
– sound judgment, identify bottlenecks
– strong customer focus
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.