Remote from U.S.
Project Management, data & analytics, Business Intelligence (BI), Data warehousing (DW), Data Platform, Data Lake, Enterprise reporting, Snowflake, Data Integration, PowerBI, Tableau, leadership, PMP, PMO, global
We are seeking a Senior IT Project Manager for our data storage solution client in California. This is a 6-month W2 REMOTE contract position, with the possibility of extension and/or conversion. In addition to managing a variety of IT projects, the Project Manager may also assist in building out IT PMO processes, tools, and templates.
We’re in need of PMs who have experience with data & analytics with several of the following areas: business intelligence (BI), data warehousing (DW), data platform, data lake, enterprise reporting, data integration, Snowflake, PowerBI and Tableau.
The Senior IT Project Manager will coordinate and lead cross-functional project teams. To be successful in this role, it is essential that you are able to build close partnerships and work collaboratively with various cross-functional organizations, teams and individuals across the business and IT. PM will interact with all levels of project team members, subject matter experts, management, and leadership throughout the company.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Directs and leads the delivery of highly complex IT applications and systems, which includes leadership of multiple dependent projects across multiple functional areas and technology platforms
– Responsible for project oversight, including planning, directing, and managing cross-functional team members
– Develops program-level vision, strategy, approach, and implementation plans required to achieve necessary business outcomes
– Facilitates the creation of business cases, program roadmaps, and program governance structures to support Project Managers
– Ensures the integrated scope, schedule, budget, and quality of multiple project teams
– Identifies, tracks, and manages project/program level risks and issues
– Serves as an escalation point to resolve project/program issues, remove roadblocks, formulate contingency plans, and communicate status to programs executive leadership team
– Functions as a central point of project/program communication and status for project/program team members, stakeholders, management, and executives
– Partner closely with internal customers and other technology personnel to define objectives, scope, budget, resource needs, and success criteria associated with proposed and approved projects
– Build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally to lead project delivery teams towards successful project outcomes
– Manage project deliverables and milestones within approved timelines and budget
– Manage and coordinate day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of approved projects
– Adhere to IT governance processes and provide monthly project status and financial updates for approved projects.
– BS/BA (with an IT focus) preferred or equivalent experience
– 15+ years of relevant industry experience, with at least 10 years of hands-on IT Program/Project Management experience
– Skills in leading data analytics projects: Business Intelligence (BI), Data warehousing (DW), Data Platform, Data Lake, Enterprise Reporting, Data Integration, Snowflake, PowerBI, Tableau
– Experience with M&A (merger and acquisition) integration-related projects is a plus
– Experience with Waterfall/Agile/Scrum methodologies/processes
– Experience with Organizational Change Management techniques and methodologies as part of the overall project delivery methodology
– Excellent desktop software skills – MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, etc.
– Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is highly desired
– Proven ability to influence and/or lead high performing/geographically dispersed teams
– Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills to manage complex process and technology issues
– Ability to effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
– Knowledge of, and effective use of different influencing styles
– Ability and work with and align different stakeholder groups towards consensus
– Must possess strong documentation skills and can work with rapid change and fast pace
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI #LI-Remote