San Diego, CA
IT project management, end to end, global, enterprise, PMO, cross-functional, IT infrastructure, Cloud, MS Teams, Jira, Confluence
We are seeking a Sr. IT Project Manager for a 12 month W2 project with our premier client in the San Diego, CA area.
The work will be done from the San Diego offices on a hybrid onsite/remote schedule.
* This is a W2 contract position. Sorry, no 3rd party applicants. *
PM will manage several projects concurrently, including small and medium-size projects. Projects may include a Windows Server migration, SQL Server migration, and other end-of-life migrations. Experience with data center and networking related projects would be ideal.
The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for successful delivery of business goals and objectives. As a key member of the team, apply project management fundamentals to create, modify and maintain the IT project portfolio. Additionally, this position provides overall, ongoing project management of global, Cross-Functional, and enterprise-wide IT technical projects from initiation through delivery.
– Responsible for establishing, managing, and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders.
– Communicate effectively and actively seek alignment with senior leadership’s expectations.
– Conduct project team meetings and facilitate steering committee meetings.
– Participate in all phases of the project life cycle Create and maintain comprehensive project plans; showing tasks, resources, dependencies and status throughout the life of the project, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
– Communicate project progress to key stakeholders including executive staff.
Identify project issues and risks and develop risk mitigation plan to address.
– Ensure adherence to established company and PMO processes, including governance processes.
– Prepare departmental project portfolio, dashboard and status reports.
– Work with staff to ensure quality and expectations for standards are met.
– Organizes project activities and interdepartmental meetings; ensures communication.
– Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
– Solid experience in Project Management with a proven track record of successful project delivery.
– Can demonstrate examples of similar successful positions in the past.
– 5+ years’ experience in planning and scheduling of major projects.
– Specific experience with IT Infrastructure and Engineering projects. Including Servers, Storage, Network, DBA, Data Centers, High Performance Computing, and Cloud based hosting solutions.
– Experience with current IT Technologies. Proficiency in MS Teams, SharePoint, Jira, Confluence, Excel are expected.
– Prior experience leading large technology upgrade and migration projects.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work as part of a team.
– Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
– Excellent soft-skills, e.g. adaptability, emotional intelligence, perseverance, active listening, mindfulness, effective negotiating, consulting, and coaching skills.
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-LS1 #Li-DNI