Dallas, TX / Hybrid
3+ month Contract, CTH
VM Ware, Data Center, Storage, Virtualization
Seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with excellent VMWare skills for our client located in Dallas, TX.
Duration: 3 months with intent for contract to hire.
W2 Contract Only / No C2C.
Hourly Rate: $50.00 – $65.00/hr.
Location: Dallas, TX
Work Schedule: Hybrid Role (3 days onsite / 2 remote initially and then onsite can be scaled back to 1-2 days onsite per week)
The role of the VMWare Engineer is to ensure the stability, integrity, availability and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions.
– Design, deploy and maintain a computing and storage environment sufficient to support current and future organizational needs for a geographically dispersed 24 x 7 support organization.
– Perform general VMware system administration duties. Follow or establish and maintain VMWare, SAN, and Windows architecture best practices, including procedures, guides, templates, and relevant documentation.
– Integrate solutions into Windows Active Directory.
– Follow established procedures required for efficient management of the virtual infrastructure, as well as defining and enforcing new standards when necessary.
– Monitor and evaluate operating efficiency, virtual server performance, bandwidth usage, storage area networks,
and error logs to identify and correct problems as they arise.
– Advanced troubleshooting of production issues as needed, including producing root cause analysis reports as needed.
– Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
– Review, evaluate and recommend new or upgraded systems software packages and related hardware, based on established and emerging standards
– Create templates that will build hundreds of virtual servers to run line of business applications.
– Design and implement system backup procedures, real time replication and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
– Create custom scripts for deployment, monitoring, and reporting as needed.
– Maintain records to ensure that software licensing is in compliance.
– Bachelor’s or Associate’s Information Technology related degree, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
– Advanced VMWare virtual infrastructure design, implementation, and ongoing management including technologies such as vCenter, vMotion, HA, DRS, Storage DRS, DVS, FT, SRM, Orchestration, etc with 30+ host clusters.
– In-depth knowledge of shared storage technology and architecture in highly virtualized VMware environments.
– Demonstrated advanced-level knowledge of the platform, operating systems, and protocols to be supported including
– Microsoft Windows Active Directory (2008, 2012), DFS, and Various Windows Server OSes including Server 2012R2, desktop OSes Windows 7 & 10, TCP/IP, and general server hardware.
– Scripting and automation to improve operations productivity and lower the cost of operations. (VB, Powershell, CLI, Batch File) .
– Experience with HA architectures, clustering, replication design, installation, and management.
– Knowledge of Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policy Management of servers and endpoints.
– Working with a diverse co-located Data Center environment.
– Good judgment, analytical skills, quality-oriented (continuous improvement, applying best practices)
– Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
– Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail.
– VMWare certifications (ex. VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, VCAP5-DCD, VCDX-DC), Microsoft certification and/or Storage certifications
– Experience with Data Center moves.
– DR/BC planning and execution.
– Experience using SolarWinds, ServiceNow, and Veeam Availability Suite.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-DNI