Dallas / Ft. Worth
3 months +
Windows, Active Directory, DFS, DHCP, VMWare, TCP/IP, HCI, Cloud, Powershell, Network, Security, Citrix, ServiceNow
*** Important note regarding current health crisis ***
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
Are you ready for a new challenge in an exciting IT environment? Our client is seeking a Systems Engineer to deliver and maintain stable, efficient and scalable systems infrastructure to support their core business functions. This role will be a key resource in the evaluation, selection, installation, and maintenance of systems software and hardware for the enterprise.
The initial duration is 3 months, with a high potential to extend, and convert to a Direct Hire. Prefer candidates local to the Dallas/Fort Worth area, or those who can relocate at their own expense. Onsite work is expected in the future. Fully remote candidates can be considered for Contract only (no conversion).
* Collaborate with business users, IT peers, and outside vendors to design, deploy and maintain world-class software and systems to support current and future business requirements in a co-located Data Center environment.
• Evaluate, customize and maintain technology assigned as a primary subject
matter expert (SME).
• Develop and automate processes to expedite and streamline IT and business
processes for technology assigned as a primary subject matter expert (SME).
• Monitor and evaluate operating efficiency, server performance, bandwidth
usage and error logs to identify and correct problems as they arise.
• Respond to issues and problems with solid engineering solutions that align
with organizational initiatives and strategies.
• Analyze information systems problems to identify and correct problem areas
while maintaining records, inventories and technical documentation.
• Conduct capacity planning according to industry accepted best practices
making sure that leadership has information as needed to formulate
• Gather and/or develop requirements for changing business needs and
translate them into technical solutions when appropriate.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and
charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Design, manage and direct (as needed) support of both physical and virtual
• Advanced troubleshooting of production issues as needed, including
producing root cause analysis reports when required.
• Review, evaluate and recommend new or upgraded systems software
packages and related hardware, based on established and emerging standards
• Maintain awareness of new developments for technology assigned as a
primary subject matter expert (SME).
• Participate in a geographically dispersed 24 x 7 support organization.
• IT-related degree, Associates or Bachelor program, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 2+ years of Advanced Systems Engineering experience with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
–Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, scripting (VB, Powershell, PowerCLI, Batch File).
–Advanced VMWare virtual infrastructure implementation and support including vCenter, vMotion, HA, DRS, FT with 20+ host cluster.
–Active Directory, AD Group Policy DFS, DHCP
–TCP/IP, HCI platforms, Public Cloud Technology (AWS, Azure or GCP) and general server hardware.
• Experience in a regulatory environment including SOX and HIPAA
and knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
• Use Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools to help organize work and communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
• Knowledge of best practices for maintaining network security, with some exposure to security products like SEP, CrowdStrike, SEE, etc.
• Experience with Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning and execution desired
• Functional knowledge of enterprise networking concepts, general server
hardware, server security concepts, application security concepts and
enterprise security concepts.
• Experience with administering Windows Server, Active Directory and other
systems through scripting (VB, Powershell, PowerCLI, etc.).
• Familiarity with Public Cloud IAAS, PAAS (AWS, Azure or GCP).
• Hands on use of additional tools and technologies such as Citrix VDI, Nutanix HCI platforms, Cohesity Backup, SolarWinds, ServiceNOW ITSM
• SSL Certificate Management and Maintenance
• Linux Systems administration.
• 1 or more of the following certifications preferred: Microsoft, VMWware, Citrix, Cisco
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail.
• Prioritize and execute tasks with confidence in a high-pressure environment.
• Work without supervision and given latitude for independent action to drive results.
• Build positive working relationships and influence collaboratively across IT teams, and with external vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and assigned workload in an organized manner to achieve results.
• Ability to cross-train and mentor other team members.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org. #LI-GS1 #LI-DNI