Dallas / Ft. Worth
Windows, VMWare, SAN/NAS Storage, Citrix, Linux, Backup, Recovery, Network, Security
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
Are you ready for a new challenge in an exciting IT environment? Our client is seeking a mid-level to senior-level Systems Engineer to deliver and maintain stable, efficient and scalable systems infrastructure to support their core business functions. This role will be a key resource in the evaluation, selection, installation, and maintenance of systems software and hardware for the enterprise. This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity, with excellent benefits and long-term growth opportunity.
Role Description: Collaborate with business users, IT peers, and outside vendors to design, deploy and maintain world-class software and systems to support current and future business requirements.
• IT-related degree, Associates or Bachelor program, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• 2+ years of Advanced Systems Engineering experience with expertise in one or more areas including Microsoft Windows Active Directory (2008, 2012, 2016), AD Group Policy DFS, Windows 7 & 10, NAS/SAN storage architecture, VMWare virtualization, TCP/IP, HCI platforms, Public Cloud Technology (AWS, Azure or GCP) and general server hardware.
• Advanced VMWare virtual infrastructure implementation and support including vCenter, vMotion, HA, DRS, FT with 20+ host cluster.
• Expertise in Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, scripting (VB, Powershell, PowerCLI, Batch File).
• Working with diverse co-located Data Center environment.
• Knowledge of best practices for maintaining network security, with some exposure to security products like SEP, CrowdStrike, SEE, etc.
• Experience in a regulatory environment including SOX and HIPAA and knowledge of applicable data privacy laws.
• Use Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools to help organize work and communicate effectively with team members and stakeholders.
• Experience with Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery planning and execution desired
• Experience using SolarWinds, ServiceNow and other vendor-specific tools preferred.
• Experience in Linux Systems administration preferred.
• 1 or more of the following certifications preferred: Microsoft, VMWware, Citrix, Cisco
Description of role. As a Subject Matter Expert in assigned technology areas:
• Evaluate, design, maintain, customize, administer and direct support
• Lead technical projects in given area of expertise
• Develop and automate processes to improve and streamline work functions
• Maintain awareness of new industry developments
• Full life-cycle development and support of both physical and virtual infrastructure.
• Establish, monitor and enforce procedures required for efficient management of the infrastructure.
• Review, evaluate and recommend new or upgraded systems software packages and related hardware, based on established and emerging standards
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers and development teams.
• Design and implement system backup procedures, real time replication and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Design and run maintenance and utility programs to ensure optimum performance.
• Create custom scripts for deployment, monitoring and reporting as needed.
• Conduct capacity planning according to industry-accepted best practices
• Provide input to leadership as needed to develop budgets
• Comply with all established Change Management procedures
• Create and maintain system technical documentation
• Maintain records to ensure that software licensing is in compliance.
• Monitor and evaluate operating efficiency, performance, capacity, security, and error reporting to identify and correct problems as they arise.
• Respond to issues and problems with solutions that align with organizational strategies and guidelines
• Work cooperatively with cross-functional staff to address requests and issues on a timely and courteous basis
• Maintain all required documentation, inventories and records per organizational processes and regulatory compliance standards
• Participate in a geographically dispersed 24 x 7 support organization.
• Advanced troubleshooting of production issues as needed, including producing root cause analysis reports when required
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with attention to detail.
• Prioritize and execute tasks with confidence in a high-pressure environment.
• Work without supervision and given latitude for independent action to drive results.
• Build positive working relationships and influence collaboratively across IT teams, and with external vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects and assigned workload in an organized manner to achieve results.
• Ability to cross-train and mentor other team members.
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.