San Diego, CA
Product Owner, agile, infrastructure, cloud services + platforms (AWS, Azure, O365), messaging or IT operations, DevOps, communication, collaboration, transparency
Important note regarding current health crisis
Don’t give up your search for a new position or project. We’re maintaining business as usual during this difficult time. For many of us, the way we work has changed abruptly. However, our clients have adapted their hiring processes to accommodate working remotely where possible, which includes phone and video interviews. Be safe, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
In addition, we offer an excellent benefits package for all consultants who work for us as W-2 employees, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401k plan, and paid sick leave. Learn more and apply today.
We’re seeking a Technical Product Owner (TPO) for a 6+ month W2 consulting position with our San Diego, CA-based client, a global and growing leader in their industry.
The role will start on a remote basis, and there may be a possibility to convert to an employee. Prefer candidates local to San Diego, willing to relocate to San Diego, or located in Southern California and able to meet onsite with the team occasionally, once onsite work is reinstated.
The Platform team is nimble and creates next-generation cloud platform solutions to support the growing technology ecosystem. As a TPO joining the Platform team will do much more than managing infrastructure, tools, and services. This role represents the “voice of the customer” by maintaining and prioritizing the backlog to ensure that the team is working on stories that maximize business value and deliver necessary fixes and functionality to all customers. You will:
* Be a key decision-maker on priorities and design decisions, and will work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle, under direction from the Platform Innovation Manager.
* Need to understand both the engineering and business side of the product release and are ultimately responsible for representing the end user’s needs.
* Have come from an environment where you managed and prioritized a large and complex platform consisting of thousands of service endpoints and services.
* Need to walk with confidence, have convictions, and be willing to think outside of box.
* Have a ‘never quit attitude’, skill in collaboration, and a little bit of swagger.
* Demonstrate candor and open communication.
• The TPO develops and maintains a vision for the platform products and system features from concept to end of life (EOL), and is responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team and to the business as a whole.
• Provide stakeholder management to ensure complete transparency of work, competing initiatives and work closely to align and negotiate any changes to scope in the backlog
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
• Work closely with Business Partners to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value and ROI
• Ensure ample room for the development team to do their work as their input is valued by the development team.
• Act as a focal point for internal customers to address with new work and/or concerns about products or delivery.
• Share and communicate feedback effectively to ensure successful delivery by the entire team.
• Provide leadership for the team in a constantly changing environment, and help the team to leverage change for the benefit of our customers.
• Be present in daily sprint ceremonies as necessary to facilitate quality and speed of delivery.
• Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
• Assess value, develop use cases, and prioritize stories, epics and initiatives to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
• Collaborate with business analysts and subject matter experts on team to transition the business requirements to technical requirements.
• Manage partnerships with external vendors
Qualifications and Experience
• 4 years of experience in Information Technology, preferably in Infrastructure, Networking, Messaging or IT Operations
• 3+ years of experience in Product Owner or Technical Product Owner role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Experience working in an agile development.
•Experience working with cloud services and platforms (AWS, Azure, O365)
• Working knowledge of DevOps/SRE (Site reliability engineering) concepts and skills
• Strong communication skills
• Willingness to acquire additional system/technical knowledge as needed
• Willingness to collaborate with global teams
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com.