San Diego, CA
1 year contract
desktop support, customer service, troubleshooting, TCP/IP, networking, AV, Microsoft, Active Directory, sound judgement, effective communication skills
We’re seeking a Desktop Support Specialist for a 1-year W2 contract position for a reputable client in San Diego, CA. Seeking candidates local to San Diego or in the process of relocating to San Diego.
• Serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
• Provide technical support to customers on standard operation of core systems.
• Determine the most effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime.
• Providing high-level support for VIPs and executives for EMEA.
• Providing a high level of support for onsite/offsite meetings.
• Troubleshoot, program, and repair Cisco desk phone handsets and voicemail issues.
• Diagnose and repair laptops and PCs, software, printers, and peripherals.
• Provide meeting support, incorporating the use of video conferencing and WebEx technologies.
• Work to achieve agreed-upon individual SLAs, quality targets, and customer satisfaction objectives.
• Maintain staffing levels and participates in the recruiting process for the site.
• Maintain third-party vendors and vendor contracts.
• Mentor/coach newly hired Deskside Technicians.
• Work with and be able to communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Analysis and documentation of requirements, and constraints during the pre-design stages of systems development.
• Research and Design technical solutions for the automation of systems administration tasks.
• Install, configure and troubleshoot systems monitoring systems, & administration of servers, in a heterogeneous environment.
• Provide high-level support to remote and field-based staff.
• Strong Communications skills. Interpersonal, oral, written.
• 2+ years’ experience working in a customer service environment supervising desk-side operations.
• 4+ years’ experience in troubleshooting issues on PCs, Printers, and Operating systems.
• 1+ years of experience troubleshooting TCP/IP issues.
• Demonstrate decision-making ability and sound judgment.
• Experience managing / mentoring support team members.
• Experience in Desktop Support in a fast-paced, corporate, Microsoft Windows environment.
• Solid working knowledge of networking, Wi-Fi, VPNs, and supporting cell phones/mobile devices.
• Experience in supporting Microsoft Windows, software applications, desktop and laptop computers, audio visual equipment, and printer
• Understanding of TCP/IP/WINS/DNS/DHCP and Microsoft 2000/2003 server, Active Directory
• Effective problem solving and resolution skills
• Must be proficient in methods for supporting remote, field-based staff
• Excellent communication skills
Please apply today!
For more information, please email: Jobemail@example.com. #LI-KC1