Project Manager, IT, SDLC, Change Management, Process Improvement, Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Seeking an IT Project Manager for our innovative client located in San Diego, CA. This is a 6+ month W2 remote contract position.
Responsible for managing cross functional teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery.
• Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
• Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
• Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project
• Procure adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
• Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings
• Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership
• Manage project scope and changes
• Support formal/informal schedules to manage the engagement contract
• Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
• Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team
• Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
• Manage project and program issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline
• Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
• Ensure adherence to established company and PMO processes, including governance processes.
• Organize software development activities involving Agile/Scrum methodologies at the team level and a phase-gate lifecycle approach at the enterprise level
• Excellent Leadership Skills
• Solid experience in Change Management, Project Management, and Process Improvement
• Minimum 5+ years experience in planning & scheduling of major projects, specific experience with Capital, Software Delivery, SaaS Model tools, Training delivery and/or System Integration projects required.
• Experience with current IT Technologies
• Uncompromising Customer Service focus
• Proactive and driven approach to understanding business requirements
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work as part of a team.
• Prior experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
• Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• PMP Certifications a plus
• Complaints experience or experience with cross functional projects across Quality and Commercial would be desirable.
• Organizational Change Management experience a plus.
For more information, please email: Jobfirstname.lastname@example.org.